Heat Treat (T4, T5, T6, T7, T51)
- Depending on the alloy of choice and use of your casting, heat treatment is a very common variable in the casting process, typically dictated by engineering and noted on a drawing. It serves to provide strength and durability for demanding circumstances and can serve to provide cleaner machined surfaces.
- An environmentally friendly surface treatment to enhance properties related to corrosion, scratch and wear as well as chemical, heat and electrical resistance, all aimed at extending the lifespan of your casting.
- Our parts look great, but for castings requiring that extra touch, we partner with local painters that we have long-standing relationships with to ensure your standards are met!
- Similar to painting, some parts require extra attention. While our standard surface finish would meet or exceed the expectations of any experienced foundryman, we offer extra polishing activities to achieve the most pristine surface finish sand casting will allow. Remember, nothing beats the finish our on-site machine shop can achieve!
Non-destructive Testing (NDTs)
- Radiography, 3D Scanning, Dye-penetrant and Pressure Testing are just a few of the services we offer, by request, requirement or recommendation, to confirm various quality specifications according to customer needs, typically noted in drawings.